Saturday, October 6, 2012

Santa's house

There was this Sardar, Santa Singh who lived in Noida, just outside the periphery of Delhi. But Santa Singh always thought he was in Delhi. Geographically Noida was in U.P. but for all practical purposes it was in Delhi. After staying in Noida for quarter of a century, Santa Singh decided that enough was enough and contacted an estate agent to sell his house. The estate agent came to discuss the issue with Santa Singh, saw the house, completed other formalities and assured that there would be no problem selling the house and also the house would fetch a good price. The agent said: “You know Mr. Singh, when you contacted me on phone I thought the property was in Delhi, but it came out to be in U.P.”

Santa Singh: “Is it? In that case I don’t want to sell it anymore. Oh my god, I was trying to get away from the extreme climate of Delhi. It doesn’t suit me. Now that I am in U.P., well, I don’t need to sell.”